Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

It's a new day and a new year, so I thought I would record some of our happenings for those we love to see. Each day is an adventure in our new state of Utah. So check back often to see what our family has been up to.

Our News Years Resolutions ...well hubby refuses to make any. He says he doesn't need a new year to refocus...but makes resolutions all along the way. I on the other hand like to think that i have a clean slate to start on again. So here are my resolutions:

  • Lose the baby weight from birthing 5 kids. Okay so some of it may be due to my powdered donut fetish but I would like to blame it on the kids.

  • Take more time to do things I love.

  • Be more patient with my family. ie. not yell at the kids.

  • Learn to drive in the snow...not easy for a native Texan.

  • Decorate and organize a fabulous new hobby room for scrapbooking, sewing, and creating.

  • Be more focused spiritually. Start and end each day with a sincere prayer. Read daily from the scriptures.

  • Shop LESS. Try to gain control of my obsession to shop. Live within my means. This might be the hardest one yet.

  • Nurture my friendships more. Email, call and write my beloved friends.

  • Remember every ones birthdays this year and send a card on time to each.

1 comment:

whit said...

Another one for you, updating your blog with pictures so that your friends can see.