How are we just 11 days out from Christmas. I thought I was so a head. I had my house decorated by Dec 1st. I had pre-shopped in late Oct and early November. I made my list and checked it twice and it looked like I was going to coast through the holidays.
But here I am making my list and crying over what is still left to be done. And they are all fun things...
- going to kids Christmas concerts and plays. Even if I have to drag all the kids out on a terrible snowy night, and then proceed to stand up through 6 grades of signing and bell ringing, only to realize my kid is so far in the back I can't even photgraph her.
- making and delivering neighbor gifts to the people I share part of my daily life with. Who wave to the blur of a white SUV who flies and sometimes slides up and down our mountain road.
- designing and addressing 125+ Christmas cards to the people who have touched my life over the years and I want to stay connected with. And I get to use all my new digiscrapping skills.
- preparing teacher gifts to the 18 teachers who teach, influence, uplift, and nourish my children. Why do people think once a child gets in junior high their teachers become less important and don't deserve a gift. My child may be the only one carrying gifts to school this week...but it I want to say Thank You with some small token for touching my childrens hearts and minds.
- Hosting, cooking and decorating for a youth ettiqutte dinner at my house this week. Which my husband so thoughtfully blew out of proportion and turned it from a 3 course meal to a 10 course meal. He thought he was doing me a favor by helping me feel like I was back in Texas throwing big blow out parties. Hello not at this time of year.
- Hosting my hubbys family for the annual Vance Christmas dinner. It's always a joy to fill my house with people we love who love us back. And to institute a new tradition a white elephant gift exchange. I am a little worried about this crowd...but fun none the less.
I absolutely love the holidays and I promise to smile all the way through the next 10 days becuase I know at he end it will be all worth the efforts and then as a bonus I get to board a plane to travel back to the people that shaped me, my beliefs, my world.
JOYFUL..that is my theme next week.




1 comment:
I hope you survived all the holidat rush. The cards were amazing, you have some serious graphic design skills.
Post a Comment