
Mason, Happy Birthday my precious little angel.
Never did I think that 8 years would pass since we witnessed the biggest miracle of our lives, watching you defeat all medical odds to bless our family with your birth. You fought so hard to be here...your little heart and lungs were barely hanging on...but you did it. You gave your family the chance to meet you. To see those beautiful eyes, to be graced by your ear to ear grin, to smell your sweet scent, to hold your frail little body. You gave us the chance to love you...if but only for a few short months. You forever changed the course of our lives. Not a day goes by that we don't talk of you, think of you and wish you were here for us to see. We cherish our memories and thank Heavenly Father for the miracle of your life. We know the plan was for you to return to your eternal home but we are so thankful that we got to behold your face.
Your sisters talk of you often. Madison has such tender feelings for you. She is so proud to have been your big sister. She remembers you wearing a little pair of brown sandals. I think you two still have a special bond and I know she has seen and felt you near her. Reagan and Riley never got to know you in this life but they know you. Reagan doesn't let a stranger think that we only have 4 girls...she quickly shouts out that she has a brother too that died and lives with Jesus. Riley told her sunbeam teacher that your body was coming back someday when they were discussing the resurrection. And Avery too will know of you and talk about you with such honor. Sometimes when Avery is staring off in space and smiling so big...I think that you are around and she can see you. I know her eyes and heart are still pure and can be blessed by seeing such a heavenly being.
Our new house in Utah did not feel like home until I hung your beautiful picture in the entry way. We pass it many times a day and I love to see your smile. I held Avery up close to it today and saw a big resemblence. It made my heart warm to still be able to see glimpes of you in your sisters faces. Avery turned 5 months old this week. She is exactly one day older than you on the day your left this earthly life and returned to your Father in Heaven. I had a good cry about it today. Some still ask how we survived that terrible trial. How have we survived losing you. And I like to say that we did NOT lose you. We just sent you on to help prepare the way for all of us to return and be an eternal family. I don't think of you as a tiny helpless baby sitting on a cloud waiting until the resurection. But instead I know that the Lord had a great need for such a strong spirit up there. I know that you are a missionary up there...teaching those souls who didn't have a chance to hear the gospel in this life. You are very busy there preparing for the 2nd coming. That is how I have survived..knowing that I will be your mother again. Knowing that you had a purpose for blessing our family if only for 5 months. You continue to bless our family and I know you are blessing our ancestors who have already passed on.
Mason, I wish you were here to give you the biggest birthday hug and kiss. What a special year this would have been to see you baptized. But what a bigger blessing to know that you will inherit all the blessings that our Father in Heaven has for each of us. You will gain exaltation because you died sinless and perfect. I can't wait to behold your face again. Happy birthday my blessed little baby.
Love Mom


1 comment:
Michelle, I feel like I know Mason from your stories and pictures and the fact that I too got to enjoy meeting him in your entry way in Texas. I'm so glad you shared him with me! We miss all of you terribly!
Post a Comment