Here is the annual girls only costume parade of 2009. Dang that Chasing Fireflies catalog that appeared in my mail box 2 months ago. It has caused me so much time and grief. I was being a frugal Mom this year and refusing to pay the $80 a costume that my darlings picked out. Oh...I can make that...I boldly told the girls. Ice queen... who can't whip that up real quick. I even bought the fabric back in early September. I was not going to procrastinate. Needless to say I spent way toooooo much time and money whipping these babies up. Next year I will buy the dang costumes no matter how much they cost.
So the eldest wanted to be an Ice Queen..fitting I thought for her preteen personality.The 2nd born daughter had to think outside the box...and announced one day...."I want to be a Robber." Not exactly the words every mother wants to hear. After a day of thinking about it...I thought we can do that...but she will be a diva burglar. So Twinkle Toes Sketchers started the whole thing...next a black sequin jacket...black tutus and rhinestone mask. The Bling Bling Buglar was complete.
Ri-Ri was the fanciest mermaid ever. I was dying to make this costume based off the witchy skirt I made last year. Applied the same principles...but this one turned out to be 10x harder and weighed a ton. But not a single complaint from my ocean friend...except to add more sparkles...thus the sparkle seaweed wand.Baby cakes was going to be the most darling pink poodle ever...but recently she has not been so darling. When I passed by this pink monster in the mall...I knew nothing else would suffice. It even sparked the theme to her 2 year old birthday party. Monster Mash.
Now I am wiped out until next year. I am even taking my decorations down Tonight.
Happy Halloweenie to everyone.


6 comments:
Love the costumes. Love them even more knowing that you made them! I'm impressed.
Your description over the phone did not do justice to the costumes. They are all great. You out did yourself until next Halloween. Love, Mom
They are amazing costumes! Great job sis! You know, your eldest is getting to be so beautiful! Matt, get your baseball bat ready for the next few years!
Oh my goodness - those are so so cute! I'm so glad I don't even try to compete with you :) My kids get junkie costumes even though I can sew... definitely not on your level!
I knew you could do it....one day they will be grown so enjoy for now.
I love the costumes. One of these days I am going to come out to Utah just for sewing lessons. You are amazing!
Post a Comment