Thursday, December 17, 2009

One the 3rd day of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....
A house full of 18 youth to feed.


It was Etiquette Night at the Vance House.

BUT I had to teach hubby some manners first.
1st- don't plan a HUGE event for your wife to host the week before Christmas.
2nd- don't over step your guidelines of a 3 course meal and make it into an 11 course meal.
3rd-K.I.S.S (Keep it simple Stupid)
4th- Quit trying to show off your candelabras. Yes they are big and Fantastic...but no one likes a show off.



But overall it was a fun night.
The girls looked FABULOUS. I couldn't believe they went all out and wore ball gowns.
I was lucky to throw on a clean shirt.
I was underdressed at my own party.




4 comments:

Goosby gang leader said...

I love the red goblets! And the new fireplace.

Oh and the table settings looked good too! Good job, Matt.

Jenny said...

What a production! You deserve a nice long retreat to Casa Nogales - come on down :)

Sepp said...

As Matt's sister, I am finding it somewhat difficult to believe that he came up with this as an activity, but it looks like it was a total success!

Miss(Michelle) said...

Sorry Ally but you don't know your brother....HE DEFINITELY CAME UP with this little number all on his own. He was in charge of a combined youth activity...so he said HEY my wife did a ettiquette dinner in TEXAS so she would be happy to repeat it here. I gave him VERY SPECIFIC guidlines on what we were eating and to make assignments...you know...salad...main dish...side dish...bread and desert. Well he came home with 11 courses assigned out. I don't have dishes for 11 courses...cheese course...soup course...puff pastry course...coffe course....HELLO WHAT RELIGION ARE WE.
Needless to say...I was not happy and proceeded to call about half of those people and decline on what they had been assigned.
YEP. This was 100% Him...he thought it would bring me back to my happy over acheiving days in TEXAS. HE WAS WRONG.