- 1st Birthday- Little Witchy Poo
- 2nd Birthday- Little Monster Mash
I knew the cake would be the 2nd most important thing to obsess over...so I spent many LONG hours searching the web for the perfect cake. And here is what I came up with. Everyone knows that I am NO cake decorator...but here was my shabby attempt. It only took about 8 hours and a few curse words being said. I made the FAT bumblebees out of fondant...that sure is a sticky mess to make..but fun.
The cake was black and yellow striped inside...for each size layer I made a chocolate and a yellow cake. I sliced the layers in half...so the finished product wouldn't be 6 feet high. So I had a choc and yellow 9" layer...a choc and yellow 8" layer...a choc and yellow 7" layer...a choc and yellow 6" layer and FINALLY the top layer was a yellow cake that I baked in a metal bowl and inverted to be the top. WOW WEE that was a lot of eggs, oil, sugar and flour. I must have gained 5 pounds from licking the bowl for 9 layers.
I found the cool wire thingys for the bees to fly on at Michaels. Good old Chef Duff from Ace of Cakes designed these fabulous-O things.
Next I hunted for BEE-u-tiful paper products and goodies to decorate the party. Not an easy task in the middle of October. This is usually a summer theme. But found them I did. Which really stung the pocket book.
As for the guest list...It included everyone she counts as "her friends"...no matter their age. She thinks her sisters friends are hers too and the funniest she thinks her mommys friends are hers. She talks about her friends Mrs.Jen, Mrs. Julianna, Mrs. Ellen. So come one...come ALL. We decided to have Bar-BEE-Q and feed everyone. Daddy whipped up his spicy TEXAS brisket and we fed the whole herd.
It was another party for the record books (ok..so maybe only my record books). And I am sure Avery, the Queen Bee will not remember a thing of the event. But I sure will.
Sorry for all the cake pictures but it seems that it was what I focused on with all my pics.









No comments:
Post a Comment