Ok maybe I am not Walking on Sunshine today, it's warm but cloudy...but we had a few blessed days where that bright thing peeked out and graced our lovely yards and bodies.I saw something I haven't seen in a long time......
My toes...my thongs(hey don't get any sick ideas...no this Mormon Mom has not hung up her G's for thongs...but that is what we use to call flip flops) Still don't know what the point is to modern thongs...I spent the 1st half of my life trying to keep it out of there...so why put it up there.
And we also saw some of Matt's most prized possessions....I would like to insert a picture of his girls....but we all know Matt's first love is the garden. He was so happy to see these little babies...but also praying they didn't burst too early and will killed by the next snow blanket.
I also saw something else I haven't seen in a while ...kids playing outside.Each spring and summer day...I would rock in the hammock watching the kids play waiting for Dad to come home...can't wait for that again.
It sure was nice to give them the boot outside....quickly I realized that I will be pulled by my pant legs to go outside all the time. I can't just leave the door open and let them run amuck....I will have to actually watch the littlest offspring. Lots of things to fall down...It reminds me of the first time when then 2.5 year old Ri-Ri walked down our backyard and did a "Jack and Jill" move down the hills...I am still laughing. Luckily no broken crowns...we will leave that to our littlest nephew Joey.
This is the poser of the family. But sure is cute.It's also her birthday month. Lots to smile about.
I even parked in the driveway with no fear of snow falling.
I even parked in the driveway with no fear of snow falling. Look Mom, no snow...pack your bags and come.
So grateful for small things wrapped up in sunshine. Bring it on Mother Earth and tell that Groundhog to go take a hike.
So grateful for small things wrapped up in sunshine. Bring it on Mother Earth and tell that Groundhog to go take a hike.


1 comment:
High of 79 here today but you have fun with that! At least your pedi looks cute. Do you have concrete dates on your trip yet? I want to make sure I see for at least a minute!
Post a Comment