Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Days



No big ground breaking news...no complaints...just random events of our lives this week.

We have had the most beautiful weather known to man. Really. I know I said something positive about the place I live, but its truer than true.

I have spent the better part of each day breathing in the sunshine. I try to make myself productive by weeding the thousands of nasty weeds that survived the long winter. How do they do that.

I am only on my 2nd bed but I have made huge progress considering I am also chasing around a 1.5 year old toddler who seems to enjoy climbing into the most dangerous of places.


I look up from weeding and sprint to save her as she hangs her toes over the edge of our yard and peers down the 6 foot boulders to the neighbors.

Better than finding her at the top of our jungle gym in the "tube that leads to no where" except a terrible 7 foot fall.

Or better is when I discover she has let herself into the dogs yard on the north side of the house. She is no match for the 85 pound beast named Snickerdoodle.

The thing we loved most about our home is the multi level yard that wraps around all sides and has no fences to stop your eye from the view....but for the next year or two it will test my patience as I hover over the littlest who...trying to keep her from harm.

************************

Last week I was out doing all the things mentioned above....and my 2 middle children were inside glued to the TV. Upon finishing their Hannah Montana marathon...they needed some motherly care. After searching my favorite places...the bed, the bathtub, and my computer...they looked outside.

Well if you have seen my house...you would know that you can't just step outside the front door and yell and expect someone 3 stories down and in the back of the house to hear you. So the two put their thinking caps on and decided I must have walked to the park with the littlest who.



The oldest of the two was busy with the stomach flu and couldn't leave the designated plastic bowl...or the before mentioned marathon. So that left the 4 year old who to run the half mile down hill...crossing 3 cross roads to find MOM. Only to discover that Mom was not there. Hummmm their logic proved them wrong.

I only discovered this gross error in their thinking...as I was still out weeding and chasing the littlest offspring...and I saw a 10 year old friend out of breath running up the steapest hill you will ever climb...screaming my name.

I raced down the hill in the back to meet this frantic child (who is also Madison BBF)...and in between her panting and gasping for breath...the story unfolds...that Ri-Ri came to the park alone. Panic stricken I raced down...only to stop in mid step and realize that now I have left baby alone on the trecherous terrain.

I sent the 10 year old friend to watch baby while I race back down...this time I meet my eldest daughter racing up the hill with NO little sister in tow. She is way out of breath and in an asthma attack and all I gathered was that another girl was carrying Ri-Ri back home.

This poor girl is 12 but no bigger than a peanut, and has been piggy backing the 4 year old up the hill. Mind you I can barely walk this hill with no extra beings in tow...but this 70 pound nugget was half way up with a 40 pound lug on her back.

I rescue the 12 year old from exhaustion and want to spank the smithereens out of my 4th born. But I patiently listen as we all gather back at my house to hear the full story. The 2 middle children are pointing the finger at the other on who's great idea it was to send the 4 year old looking for MOM 1/2 a mile away.

The 3 other girls (Madison and 2 of our neighbor kids) just so happend to be playing at the park at the same time that Ri-Ri appears out of no where. They waited for 5 minutes fully expecting me to be following behind...only to finally coax the story out of the runaway...why she was alone.

That night after replaying the senerio in my mind for the 15th time...about how it could have gone terribly wrong...that lightbulb moment of thanksgiving poured over me. I got out of bed to pour my heart out to my Father in Heaven for protecting my children even when I didn't know they would need it. For putting angels in her path to protect her on that dangerous journey.

Who knows each day what we are protected from.

4 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

I just got a little weepy reading that, blame the pregnancy hormones I suppose. I have been thinking a lot about Mason today, and just wanted to let you know.

You are so right, we have so much to be grateful for, and sometimes we don't even know it. Thanks for the reminder! XOXOXO

Sepp said...

Okay, that is definitely one for the journals. So glad to hear that everyone is okay and hopefully the little ladies are wiser for it (at least for a little while).

Jenny said...

What a nice spring story to hear! Riley in danger, Reagan throwing up, Madison in respiratory distress and Avery almost plunging into the rocks ;o) Sounds like you're in some good need of a Texas vacation!

Dan and Dee said...

wow, and we wonder why we go gray!
What an adrenalin day! ugh I am glad it turned out well!