Monday, March 2, 2009

March Celebrations

OOPPSS!!! I wrote this blog entry last week and forgot to post it. A day late and a dollar short and 6 people sick with the stomach flu...has really screwed up my week. Hope you get a snicker out of it anyway.
...........................................................................
My cute hip and stylish young friend Teigan did this once on her blog...so I copied her idea. Isn't copying the biggest form of compliments...at least that is what my Mom told me when my young and immature sister would copy every thing I did and borrow all my clothes.

So I was searching online for something to do yet another bullentin board for the school and I came upon a list of March celebrations...

So here is week 1
1 National Pig Day - I had piece of bacon. Does that count??? Probably shouldn't since it was turkey bacon. Ok so I missed that day.
1 Peanut Butter Lovers' Day -got that one covered. I eat 2 heaping teaspoons of peanut butter each day on whole wheat crackers.

2 Old Stuff Day- Heaven's knows I have plenty of that laying around...so I went down to the basement and grabbed a handful of stuff to take to DI.
3 I Want You to be Happy Day- That should be hubby's moto...he just wants me to happy everyday. I will try that line on one of my kids tomorrow.

3 If Pets Had Thumbs Day-I can't imagine the trouble my 2 dogs would get into...refer back to the dog who ate and tore up someones car blog from last fall.
3 National Anthem Day- I will sing it loud in the shower tomorrow. How many celebrations can we honor in one day???
3 Peach Blossom Day -Peach Blossom Day is a day to celebrate peach blossoms, and for girls to celebrate being girls. The attributes of peach blossoms include: pretty, delicate, dainty, and sweet smelling. These are all feminine traits. As a matter of fact, calling a young lady "peach blossom" is a term of endearment to some. The roots of Peach Blossom Day also trace directly back to Japan. A Doll Festival is held in Japan every year on March 3rd. This is also when peach trees bloom in Japan. Simply said, it's an opportunity for girls to celebrate being girls.

I have plenty of girls and plenty of dolls to celebrate this day... I even have 2 Japanese dolls that my brother brought back from his mission there. Thanks Dave.
4 Holy Experiment Day -Holy Experiment Day is a day to try something religious. It is a chance to try something, or ask for something, and to measure the results. UMMM HELLO...SHOULDN'T WE DO THAT EVERY DAY. Pathetic we need a day set aside to remind us.
4 Hug a GI Day - I'll head over to Hill Field Airforce Base in Layton and wait for the cutest GI I can find and hug his neck off. I'll let you know how that goes.
5 Multiple Personality Day -UMMM! I may know a few of those to pay tribute to.

6 Dentist's Day-AGGGGHHH!!! Just the thought of the dentist makes me want to eat a big sticky lollipop that can get stuck in my molars.
6 National Frozen Food Day- ok...ok...Twist my arm...I will eat some Ore-Ida french fries to honor that day.
6 National Salesperson Day - I will run to Anthropologie and spend as much money as I can to help a salesgirls commission that day.
7 National Crown Roast of Pork Day- How do you cook one of those. Are those the things with the little chefs hats on the end???

Let me know how your celebrations go.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

This is such a random post! Who came up with these days? WOW! I agree with you on all of them, though. I'll count it done for me, too. Did you get my email? Have you pinned down your dates yet on when youre coming?

Tay and Teigan said...

Oh I wish I would have seen this earlier! Not that I need an excuse to eat more peanut butter. Hope you're enjoying some green eggs and ham and sunshine today. Miss you guys

Dan and Dee said...

I'm glad you posted this! Who thinks these things up? :)