KIDS: Mom where are we going for Spring Break???
MOM: I don't know since your DAD canceled the San Deigo idea...something about heck the whole country is cutting back...why don't we.
KIDS: Well we can't stay home...all our friends are gone.
MOM: Ask your Dad when he gets home.
Later as Dad busts through the door not even able to put his briefcase down (well not really a breifcase more like a soft travel bag).
KIDS: Dad where are we going for Spring Break??
DAD: When is Spring Break???
KIDS: Well we can't stay home...all our friends are gone.
MOM: Ask your Dad when he gets home.
Later as Dad busts through the door not even able to put his briefcase down (well not really a breifcase more like a soft travel bag).
KIDS: Dad where are we going for Spring Break??
DAD: When is Spring Break???
KIDS: Tomorrow.
DAD: HUMMMMMMMM! I know we are going camping.
MOM: Hello! Mr...I would like to be able to go on Spring Break too..
DAD: What is wrong with camping???
MOM: Where do I begin...bugs...tents...mountain lion attacks...no running water...smelling like campfires...
KIDS: YAY! When can we go???
DAD: When I can convince your mother.
MOM: Give me a campsite like this or this and I might re-consider. Its called "GLAMping"

A few days later.MOM: Honey, it is Spring Break and we have NO plans.
DAD: Oh, yeah.. I will work on that tomorrow.
MOM: AGGGHHHH!! I can't stay around here another day. Please take us somewhere...but not camping. (Say that while screaming and your head spinning off.)
Next morning.
DAD: I booked us a hotel in Zions National Park.
KIDS: YAY! When can we go???
MOM: Is it nice???
DAD: Yep we have a big suite with our own room for parents only.
MOM: YAY! And I will even hike.
So a hiking we will go.
And here are some gorgeous pics of what we saw.
But you have to visit for yourself to understand the monsteroisty of this place.
Day 1: Drive 5 hours south. Stop and hike at the northern end of the Park.
Kolobs Canyon. Named after Gods home:Kolob
Day 2: Wake up from a good nights sleep in a nice soft bed.
Shuttle over to Zions National Park and hike all day until the kids beg to go back to the hotel to swim and sit in the hot tub. Thats my girls!!!!
Named by a Methodist Minster. For the 3 Partiarchs of the Bible. Most peaks had a religious name or meaning.
The orange mountain in front of Jacobs Peak...is named Mount Moroni for a Prophet in the Book of Mormon.


We must have heard 1000 times..."Look there is a catcus" She ran from catcus to catcus. Hey...whatever kept those 4 year old legs moving.

Avery gets a birds eye view. It was the only way to keep the cutie happy. She even could catch a few zzzz's on the fly...while being bounced around.
We were teetering on some scary ledges. I was scared all the time that one of my chickings would fall. So I kept them close under my wing.


These 2 ran out of steam on the last hike of the day...to the narrows....the place where the canyon becomes so narrow...you must wade through water sometimes higher than your head to keep on the trail. Water was too high so they weren't letting anyone hike all the way...but hubby just had to see how far he could go...so he took super hiker Reagan and baby the last mile.
I stayed behind and watched these monkeys scale every tall boulder they could find. Some were at least 15 feet tall. Too scary for me. I need a trail under my feet.

Day 3: We packed up and took a small 2 hour detour to Bryces Canyon.
Amazing how different it was.. they had these weird rock formations called Hodoos. It was much much colder there...no hiking just pictures along the way.
It's only 8600 feet higher than Houston. Talk about big change. Cold but cool to look at...people don't usually hike Bryces until May or June. I can see why.







11 comments:
What a perfect Vance Family Spring Break - a little hiking, climbing and a nice bed at night! Looks like everyone had a good time...you all are smiling at least :o)
Sounds like a totally successful spring break. It makes me want to go hiking. Hope you all are doing well.
Boy are you short! Or is Madison just getting taller? Either way, you're still short. :)
see, I'm reading and posting....
What the heck! Madison is almost as tall as you! GOSH! Your trip does sound way better than camping It is gorgeous there, isnt it? MIss you!
Thanks for pointing out how short I am becoming the older my kids get. I tell Madison all the time...that she may be taller than me in the near future...but that I can still look up and yell at her.
I was thinking the same thing about Madison getting taller, she is going to pass you soon. I know it isn't like the beach in TX, but Utah has some great spring break action too. Glad you guys had fun.
Actually the beaches in TX aren't that great...especially when you live there....It just sounds nice this year since I am tired to the crazy weather and just want some sunshine on my face.
Aw. You and your family are so cute. I miss you all so much!
Gorgeous pictures! Made me miss those awesome road trips to Zion and the red rocks. Your family is the cutest.
See I am still reading and commenting and waiting for a new post so hurry up already. Tired of reading about your fabulous Spring Break...
Post a Comment