It's 2 o'clock in the morning. Are you up too??? No... I guess its just me and my deepest most thoughts. Oh and also that littlest who in whoville. 

My awakeness I can attribute to a lethal sleeping combination of this this and this. 

But as for hers I guess she was just missing me or maybe she felt the anxiety of the Jazz playoff game mommy and daddy were at. She had to wake up and greet us with the babysitter as the clock struck midnight. Daddy turned into a pumpkin and went to bed...something about having to work the next day. So he gently placed the littlest who back into her posh bed and dove into the bed.
It may have been midnight but Mom still had things to done. Friday is my happiest day of the week. My bestest housekeeper greets me all bright and cheery to give my home and soul a good scrubbing. Her Aussie accent makes me want to go down under someday. She brightens my day and brightens my outlook. But I sure have to work as hard as my underwire does each day...to get this house ready for a cleaning. 

I finally laid my head on the squishy side of my pillow around 1 am (you see I have a squishy memory foam side and a fluffly down side to my pillow just in case the mood strikes me to feel supported by foam of engulfed by animal byproducts) but my heart was torn by the sounds of this littlest appendage of mine singing so sweetly in her posh bed. What is there not to sing about at 1am. She was laying on a swanky minky pink sheet, wrapped in a plush pink blankie, warm pink bottle of yummy milk, a soothing paci and her mommy and daddy back safe and sound.
I was sernaded for another 30 minutes before I couldn't take it any longer. I had to get that delicious thing out of bed and smooch her chubby cheeks. Did I tell you that she has gone from the whimpy 10th percentile to the 90th percentile in a year. I think I purposefully fatten them up so I can have those plump thighs to squeeze and cheeks to devour. I didn't just steal some smooches and disappear. I had to get that little nugget out of her bed and cuddle her. How could I not...she was standing with arms held out wide and hair a tousseled mess. We snuck upstairs and snuggled in the dark family room for the better part of an hour. We didn't talk much just snuggled and smooched and watched the lights in the distance. I felt sorry for the poor souls out traveling the concrete highways at 1am and not getting to snuggle their most delish one.

But as all things must come to end so did mommys stamina...but not baby she wanted to snuggle on...so we watched a few minutes of cartoons. My eyes were getting heavy and I knew this must come to an end. So I carried the princess down to her posh bed and smooched her again before bidding farwell.
I tucked my cold feet under the warm hubby and drifted off to sleep to small sweet sounds this baby of mine. It was if she was saying thank you,,, but it was me who was thankful she waited up for me. Poor daddy missed out...but maybe tonight he will get the pleasure. Oh least I hope so.


5 comments:
It's nice to be able to enjoy your children once in awhile. Especially one on one. Even at one in the morning.
You have way too positive of an outlook for 1 and 2 a.m. ha ha. You have to love on that last one as long as you can! I am sure I will be doing the same. Well written, too! =)
I don't think I have ever heard such a positive description of a sleepless night. You are an inspiration, I will have to look at the nightly wakings in a different way.
This is such a precious post. I wish that I was there to personally witness those moments. My time will come when I will be snuggling with a precious little one and not anytime soon so don't worry. I love you big sis!
Some times in the still of the night we get our most cherished moments. Sounds like you may have had one of those.
Next time we come up of WC I'll let you know in case you would like to join us. We would love that...the more the merrier!
Post a Comment