Ever since of beloved Ella met her maker a month ago...the question I have heard repeatedly is...
When are we going to get a new kitten???
The girls searced dilligently each day on KSL (local newspapers website)...Petfinder.com....Humane Society
Each time they found ones they "loved and had to have"...but I reminded them of the 2 week trip adventure to the "motherland" of Texas.
Still they searched.
Many times I heard "Mom, come quick I found the one I want". OR
"Mom, we have to go this kitten NOW or it will go to a shelter" OR
"Mom, this kitten is going to be put to sleep if we don't save her"
But patiently I waited. You see I didn't want your run of the mill alley cat...or calico...
I wanted our ELLA back. I wanted those bright blue eyes smiling at me each morning.
I wanted that long soft fur to pet.
I waited and waited...and did my own searching.
After we detoxed from Texas a few days...I was searching once again... and found the ONE. It was the ONE I had to have...ooopppss!!! I mean the ONE my kids had to have.
His name was Bouffant...he was 1/2 Persain.
I had a sweet persain once...it was my 1st wedding gift from my beloved. Her name was Chloe. I only had her 5 years before discovering that she was giving my only daughter at the time, severe Asthma. I did what every good Mom would do...I pretended it wasn't the cat..then gave into the deep dark truth and found my beloved Chloe a new home.
I called the flock of girlies over to the computer...they ooohhhed and aaahhhed at my choice.
Well except one.
I will let you guess which one had a small problem. The one who has to have ALL of her demands met or there will be fire to pay. The one who tugs at my heart strings and breaks them at the same time. The one who goes from 0 to witchy in 5 seconds flat. The one who runs my life.
I have always wanted another Persain...but Ri-Ri says "they are gugusting"...or in layman's terms...Disgusting.
She loved the brother of Bouffant...from the moment she laid her big beautiful eyes on him. I brushed off her adoration and called to set up an appointment to get MY beauty. So what if it was HER kitten I was trying to replace.
I knew how good my savvy selling skills were (see Dad I have put my marketing degree to work)...so we headed out the door. I was sure I could do the bait and switcheroo.
She wouldn't know the difference.
Oh was I wrong...she picked up Bouffant and quickly put him down...and said "Where is the kitten that was in basket in the picture." How did she know???
It was a fuzzy small picture on the computer.
She was in LOVE.
How could I deny her the kitten of her dreams...especially after her daddy squished her 1st one.
(Don't let the picture decieve you...it is a different kitten from Ella)
So I gave in...handed over the 50 bucks (I had just pulled out of Daddys account) and made her dreams come true.
She walked to the truck...beaming with her new prize...where her sisters were screaming with glee.
I was hanging my head down. I had lost my touch.
But I knew there was only 1 thing to do. I grabbed my purse and headed back into the house
and bargained a deal to buy the one of MY dreams.
Now I was the one beaming as I walked out the door.
The screams of happy girls could be heard miles around.
Daddy had already gotten home from work and was wondering where his herd of chicks were.Ri-Ri bounced in the door carrying a large tote and shoved it at her Dad and said through her plastered on smile...."Mommy took us to the dumb mall and all I got was this."
All he did was calmly look at me and say "Really???? We needed 2."
And I replied "Yep...an Heir and a Spare"
No further comment needed.
The others helped Ri-Ri choose the name Bugsy...you will know why if you saw BedTime Stories. His buggy eyes say it all.
I took a few days to mull over my names. After ignoring all the girls suggestions of Zach and Cody or Jonas or some other popular boy toy...I took Nana's suggestion and went with Poofy.
She says her kids always teased her that she had poofy hair...and so does my Poofy.
Now Dad announces his arrival into the garage...we all dive to pick up our kittens to save them from the Big Freddie Flinstone Foot.
LONG LIVE THE BROTHERS...at least I hope.


5 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Now everyone is happy :o)
That is hillarious! You are starting a farm up there or something. I was seriously rolling on the floor. You have a way with story telling. Glad you're all happy!
Those are his real eyes...there was really no other name for him...but she loves him. He is calmer of the 2...mine is the wild one. But we left one brother behind...he did't have any persain look to him...just short hair.
The girls keep begging me to go get him too.
I want to be up there with you! I love kittens! I am so jealous! Love you bunches sis! Will you buy me a kitty and send her here to Austin?!
They are precious. I can still hardly believe the Ella story. We have a little one here that has assured me that she will not be truly happy (even when she is smiling) until we get her a cat.
Post a Comment