Monday, August 23, 2010

New Beginnings

I love love love this time of year.
Not because I have 3 less kids kicking around the house...that would be a terrible motherly thing to say or think....
but because it is a time of NEW BEGINnings.


I must confess, as much as I love sleeping late and staying up later than humanly possible.  I would give it all up to be on a good tight schedule.  I don't function well for long periods of time with the lazy days of summer.
Give me 6:30 alarm clocks.
Give me 10 minute breakfasts.
Give me 3 minute hairdos.
Give me 3 minute lunches.
Give me pushing them out the door so they don't miss the bus.
Give me a clean house by 9am
Give me a 5 days a week without the TV blaring.
Give me dinner to plan and prep by noon.
Give me the 25 subjects of homework to help with.
Give the mountains of uniforms to wash and iron.
Give me the struggle to pull kids from bright daylight to bathe
Give me the 8:30 bedtimes.

This time of year is a re-birth in our home.
A time to re-focus our goals and priorities. 
A time to start fresh.

You thought I had moved them to a Amish home today...when I announced no TV...no wasteful computer time...fresh fruit and veggie snacks only until dinner.
So guess what our topic for Family Home Evening was...
Positive Attitudes.
"If you don't like something...change it.
If you can't change it...change the way you think about it."
(Don't be surprised if I whip that quote out in Vinyl and post it on the door or maybe over the empty TV or maybe on each of their bathroom mirrors or maybe on their ceilings to recite before bedtime)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You still have baby home with you - you can't possibly get all that done. But then again, you are super Energizer Bunny! Why can't you live down the street from me???!! We miss you all like crazy :(

Sepp said...

Ah yes, schedules, they do seem to make life go a little smoother. I wish it came naturally to me. The girls look absolutely adorable as always. I hope that you guys are doing well!