
Since Christmas time is not busy enough...I decide to add a new tradition.
A countdown calendar. I saw a cute version made with baby Christmas socks in Martha Stewart one year and just filed that away in the brain somewhere. I thought this would be a good year to pull that idea out...so I hunted everywhere for 24 Baby size Christmas socks only to find that there were very few...after giving up on that I decide to just find 24 Christmas socks of any size. Thank you Target for your $1 socks...I scored most of them there. The Dollar store also pulled through for me.
Next I was off to the scrapbook place where I could die cut 24 stars and the numbers 1-24. Not much fun while trying to keep baby from pulling everything off the shelf or falling out of the cart. I eventually made it with no sanity left and headed home to put my creation together. It was already Dec 2nd and I was 2 days behind. What's new. I stayed up until 2am one night so that the next morning the kids would be surprised to a new tradition. They were excited as they came screaming into my room (waking me up)...realizing that there were 24 socks full of goodies waiting for them.
They have loved opening their sock each day and have been so good not to peek ahead and to take turns on who gets the sock down and passes out the goodies.
Here is to a new family tradition and more work for mom...now I have to find 96 goodies (24 gifts x4 kids) to stuff them for next year. But hopefully it will create some lasting memories for them each year. I think next year I will let them help make little gifts to help fill the socks...



4 comments:
So so cute! That must have been the best surprise! I love that idea. Have a super fun and happy Christmas...even with all the crazy snowfall ;o)
The socks look great! If you want to do this for me next year, I am sure the boys will move you up on their list from just Aunt Missy to their most favorite aunt Missy...all the while surpassing Lauren and that is a major feat!
The pressure is on. Who can top Awesome Aunt Lauren.
Great idea, I will have to log that one into the memory bank myself. Hope you guys had a great Christmas and you have finally found a moment to breath. You are amazing!
Post a Comment