Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa I can Explain

That quote sums it all up for the 5 naughty girls in my house...

me included. I feel like

I need to explain

not to Santa but to my family

  • why I have been a "girl in a whirl" over the past 3 weeks.
  • why I way overspent on Christmas. (did you see all the deals out there) sorry hubby...my debt diet starts Jan 1
  • why my Christmas card picture still has not been taken or my letter written. (expect it before year end, hopefully) AGHHH
  • why I stay up until 1am and still can't get it all done.
  • why I have eaten way to many sweets. (gingerbread is too fabulous to pass up)
  • why I didn't get all the handmade presents done that I wanted.
  • why I didn't get my Dickens 56 village posted on EBAY to sell this year...therefore it stays packed up for the 5th year in a row.
  • why I haven't gone on a date with hubby for a month.

BUT there is HOPE...

Hope that I can

  • slow down and enjoy the holidays
  • go hiking in the snow covered mountain outside our home everyday with hubby over the next 2 weeks he is home.
  • avoid the after Christmas sales.
  • get this old body in shape again...one cookie less eaten at a time.
  • go on more dates with the man. I did score a Cheesecake Factory Date last night with him. Lucky me.
  • laugh at those silly little moments that fill each and every day. like the silly pic below.


I am sure the list should go on and on but it is time to sit down quietly with hubby and snuggle up by the fire to watch House (his favorite TV show...which thanks to the new DVR we have 20 hours to see) and if anyone of you know the man you know that it is a dangerous show to let him watch...he acts a lot like Dr.House and I am afraid it might encourage his "know it all" like attitude.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I LOVE the kids picture - what a reality shot ;o) They actually look so cute. Only a couple more days of total chaos and then hopefully will settle a bit! Merry Christmas y'all