Friday, January 9, 2009

Yin and Yang



And they said it wouldn't last....well it's been 14 years of blissful marriage. Never a fight or ill word spoken. Never a complaint or negative thought. Always positive and uplifting.

But seriously...it's definitely been a roller coaster ride over the last 14 years...having some great thrills but also the lowest of lows together.

But we have survived them all.

Job changes, 5 pregnancies and 5 babies, MBA schooling, Death of a Child, Busy church callings, New Job, HUGE MOVE, new state, new life.

They say if it doesn't kill you...it will make you stronger.

Some days I know that is true and some days I wonder if they really have any clue.

But I have learned that each of us are very different and handle the stressors of life extremely different.

Our challenges have made us each stronger in different ways and we have learned to allow each other to be different and not expect the same reactions.

Otherwise we would have given up long ago.

We have learned the true meaning of "enduring to the end".

Some days is prettier than others on how we are enduring.

But each day is a new day...full of choices on how we will allow the trails to affect us...how we will treat each other.

And hopefully today is better than yesterday.

So hubby thanks for the all the ups of the last 14 years of marriage and thanks for patiently loving me through all of the lows.

From the outside we are the Yin and the Yang of marriage.

But it works..our differences have helped balance the other out.

Loves and snuggles to you.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Hi Michelle,
I loved your post about Riley, I have watched Lily turn four and can believe it, but I can't believe Riley is that BIG, oh my goodness! She's definitely a big girl now! We miss you guys.. we're actually in the 1st ward now, we've moved too. love, janelle

Kelsey said...

You are hot!

Debbie said...

Happy 14 years!! Wow that sounds like a lot but then again so does 34 which what we will celebrate in a couple of months! It's nice to know that you are still smiling, isn't it.