- 2008 was our first full year in Utah. We didn't buy sleds and snow toys for the kids last Christmas...becuase I wasn't sure I was staying. But I have made it a full year...with less complaints as the year went on and we bought sleds for the kids this Christmas. I guess we are here a while.
- I learned to slow WAY down and enjoy the things around me more. Things move much slower here...and it took a good 6 months to get the "Kingwood mentality" pushed back a little. No one cares if I go to school in my sweats and no make-up. Less pressure to have your kids in tons of extra ciricular things. My child can still be a soccer player, on swim team, and the dance squad, or cheerleader even though they didn't start lessons at age 3.
- 2008 still didn't bring close friends here...just the ones I see occassionally in passing and then on Sundays at church...but it has allowed me to figure out ways to fill my own time and not rely on others for escape. It has also made me treasure the ones I had in the past. Your Christmas cards were little treasures to me. I pinned them all up on my memo board to remind us of all our sweet connections. And they are still there.
- 2008 I still don't have the body I imagine I could have..I still buy the new exercise video and think that will do it...or think I will stick with a new walking program...or totally swear off carbs forever...but last night as I was reading my new Shape magazine (yes I still dream) I had a breakthrough. in the words of one reader who wrote in..."I am grateful for a body that could bear 5 children and still turn my husbands head." It will never be perfect but my hubby loves me as much as he did when my tummy was flat and my hips were narrow.
- 2009 will bring a more prosperous year. A year more prosperous in friends, a year more prosperous in heathly living, a year more financial fit (as I shop less and budget more), a year that I will be more prosperous in the things I want to do.
11 years ago


3 comments:
That was great! Amen to all of it! When are you coming this summer? Do you know?
Michelle,
Hi - just reconnected with your blog. You've done a great job. Thanks to you, I've just spent the last hour catching up and reading the older posts - back to August. (YOU can explain to my husband why I still haven't de-decorated the house from Christmas :) Today is the first day back to school for the kids, and I need to get busy. The house is a wreck! But, I digress...) As I read, I can tell how hard you are working at adapting, and I just want you to know that you are doing a GREAT job! You are doing an amazing job of being a devoted wife, mother and homemaker. I just hope I can get some inspiration from you. I miss having you around to bounce ideas off of and get ideas - definitely decorating and all things creative are not my forte. Becca has "it", so I hope she can take over in that department soon!
I know you miss Texas, but I kinda like the sound of your little town. I find myself wishing more and more that we could slow down and enjoy life more. Maybe you can enjoy Tx through me and your other friends, and I'll dream of mountains and open spaces through you! By the way - you're not missing much weather wise today... it's raining and 45. But, later in the week it'll be 60's and 70's again.
We loved your Christmas card!
E:mail or call if you can, I"d love to catch up again.
Leia
You know I find many similar things here too Michelle. Life is so slow it drives me nuts sometimes. I also have found having a good friend here is much harder than in Kingwood. But I know what you mean, I starting quilting, scrapbooking more and I even have gone bowling and play cards with the ladies. Hang in there!
Post a Comment