Saturday, February 14, 2009

LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

NO...Since it is Valentines Day....I am NOT talking about me and hubbys relationship...but these dang shoes.


I HATE putting them on...they are so bulky and remind me of what needs to be done. The ever so nagging task of working out. The reminder that I am going to have to work HARD to undo years of neglect and damage. They feel so weighty on the ends of these birdie legs.

But I LOVE how I feel afterwards....like I have conquered the world. Like even if I get nothing else done that day...I at least got my body moving. So I set these babies out in the middle of my floor each morning...hoping that if I trip over them enough...then I will lace them up and get to running.

I know that I must be down a pant size for all the hard work I did that day.
So I go put on my ever so tight favorite pair of pants and then I HATE how they still don't fit. So I go LOVING graze on a Valentine cookie for relief.
See the LOVE/HATE thing I have going on.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

At least you have some sort of love relationship there. I am so tired of being fat. So tired. I am done. Nothing I do works. Teri told me to run- it was all that would work. Jumping around in classes at the gym like a crazy lady doesn't count?

Jenny said...

Here, here!

Debbie said...

I hear you! But at least they are comfortable shoes to wear even if you aren't "using" them at the gym. So that ought to tip the scale to the love side.