Friday, September 12, 2008

GOD BLESS TEXAS


I have always liked that song...but I truly mean it today. My thoughts have been on my dear family and friends who are going to get slammed by IKE. Being a native Houstonian, I have been through a few hurricanes...they were always FUN as kids. We got to miss school and wait for the storm. We watched anxiously inside our houses and couldn't believe how far trees could bend and touch the ground. I loved watching the big fat slanty rain pounding our home. Then we would wait for the EYE of the storm and everybody would run outside and survey all the damage. We would run and play in all the water rushing down the streets...I can even remember some boogie boards being dragged out in Kingwood. Then as the eye passed and the 2nd part of the hurricane hit...we would say our goodbyes and rush inside to watch the next set of destruction. I remember sleeping in a little closet under our stairs when ALICIA blew through in the 80's.
BUT now that I have my own family to protect I know realize how scary it must be...watching this storm which is large as the Gulf of Mexico barreling toward your home. I have been anxious for you.
Our family prayed for each our dear TEXAS family friends and neighbors. We pray that the precautions that you have made will sustain you through what ever lies ahead...wind, rain, flooding. loss of power for days. May you all be spared any serious destruction. I watched hubbys family home take on 2-3 feet of water back in 1994...I know the devastation it can cause. May you stay safe and warm inside of your homes.
Wish I was there with you to weather the storm as you have all helped me weather the "storms" of my life. Know that your Utah friends are pulling for you. HUGS.

2 comments:

Kevin Pratt said...

Thanks, Michelle. My blog has nearly the same sentiments except that we are STILL here! We appreciate any help we can get from heaven, so keep praying.

Kelsey said...

Wish you were here, too. Think of all the crafting we cuold have done over the last 6 boring days. =) We are all fine. Lots of trees but we got back power last night. Most still dont but the most wonderful cool front came in and we are safe. You've gotta show more pics of that house! I love it!