Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Casa

ok...ok....here are a few pics the inside of our home. Those who saw ours in TX would not believe how different my dwellings are here in Utah. My old tuscan villa decor does NOT work here. No more floral arrangements in every room...no italian roosters living here...tons less nick nacks...no big tapestry rugs and wall hangings...no floral drapes with 3 rows of fringe...no stacks of pillows falling off every couch and chair...no set of HUGE silver candleabras greeting you as you walked in.

Things are more streamlined. I got my inspiration for the family room from my beloved Anthropologie table cloth. Who would have thought I would have gone so funky and bright...but quite frankly it was either I had to brighten up my house or go get the biggest bottle of depression pills I could find. So shopping won out !!



So here are a few of my favorite things. Ok so these are still roosters...but they are nothing like the ones you would find waking up the farm at sunrise...these are much funkier and they make me smile. Hubby still can't figure out why I like them. These sit proudly on one of the only 3 cabinets I have in this house. YES I did say 3. So you say "Where is all of my 10 set of dishes...6 sets of glasses...8 sets of chargers...15 Nordic ware cake pans??? Well I have learned to live with less. I had to part with alot of my beloved things. First I tried pawning them off on poor friends and family. Eventually DI and Goodwill loved my dropoff.

This is a new welcome sign my sister in law, Whitney, made me after seeing my new scheme. She makes all kinds of fun and fabulous things. Check her out on etsy...although she doesn't have her plaques up there right now. She sold out and is making more.
My bedroom isn't all that exciting (honey, I am only talking about the decor)..don't want to hurt his feelings you know. I went brown, yellow and cream for spring and summer...but I am making a new ensemble for fall and winter...it will be brown and blue. Dragging my feet because that will require a new color on the wall. Any painters in the group????

Look closely at the transom windows on the top...this is hubbys version of solar shades...our house gets the lovely afternoon sun and it gets so blazing hot our A/C can't keep up...so as I was shopping for a proper solultion like solar shades on the outside...Matt was busy cutting up leftover drywall. I came home and very loudly exclaimed that they had to go...Company was coming within the week.. I was promised they would be painted the wall color and no one could tell...well here we are with fall nipping our toes and still they look like they did 2 months ago. So they are coming down this week and hopefully I can hide them so next summer we get something really done about those windows.
So here is a glimpse of my Utah digs. You will have to come visit to see more. :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE the new roosters and especially the tablecloth. I'd love a new redo of everthing each season too ;o) It all looks great and even better in person...I can vouch, I've seen it!

Debbie said...

I laughed my head off when I read about "your Hubby" (names are unmentioned to protect the innocent!) suggested painting the drywall in the windows so they matched the wall color. Sounds like something that my hubby would think of too!!! I guess we are more alike than we realize. I was so flattered by your daughters comments as well as yours about us looking alike. I have always been struck by your beauty and since I have never considered myself to be anything but rather ordinary, it really made my day!!

Debbie said...

Not to mention the fact that I could be your mother!!!!

PS( I love your fun and funky home!! Change can usually be a good thing.)