Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Because I am 1.


I have been dragging around all day feeling a little under the weather. Thank goodness it was a Thursdat when only baby and I are around for most of the day. We could just sit around being sick together...


  • we pulled out all of the wooden puzzles and dumped all the pieces on the floor just b/c that is what a 1 year old likes to do.

  • we found our favorite cereal (Marshmallow Mateys -thanks neighbor Mike who works for Malt-O-Meal for all the free cereal) and dumped it on the floor to pick out only the cereal and leave the marshmallows behind just b/c were 1.

  • we could discover the box of Christmas ribbons, netting, and such that Mom has out to decorate the tree and scatter it all over the house b/c we're 1. (More on the decorating later)

  • we could go to mom's bathroom and pull out all of her feminine hygiene products and drag them around her room b/c we are one.

  • we could toss our beautiful pink silk shoe from Janie and Jack into the toilet that needs to be scrubbed b/c we are 1.

  • we could fight over mom's diet coke and scream in protest b/c she can't have any b/c we are 1.

  • we can throw moms new catalogs into the bath as mom is relaxing there trying to ease her achy body. (i love this time of year with all the fun catalogs) b/c we are 1.

  • we can find markers that one of our big sisters left out and pull the tip out of it with our teeth and proceed to suck it dry until all of the color is off the tip and onto our clothes b/c we are 1 (thank goodness it was only yellow)...but there went outfit #1

  • we can scream in protest all the way through a store as mom just needs to pick a few things up and then convince mom that a sucker is the only thing going to calm me down just b/c we are 1. (that would be outfit #2 for the day)

  • we can smash strawberries all over our clothes just b/c we are 1...(onto outfit #3)
And that is how my perfectly under the weather day went today. Thank goodness for naps b/c I am not 1 and my 37 year old tired body needed it after all that activity.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh for the joys!!!

Sepp said...

I am glad that I am not the only one with a kid that loves to pull out all the femine hygene products. I hope that you are feeling better.