I was suppose to post this before I left for THANKSGIVING...but it was one of thing that didn't get done...and now 2 weeks later I am just coming up for air...so here is my post belately.
It is Nov 20th and I already have both my Christmas trees up. Aren't I ahead of the game. Well thanks to busy Thanksgiving plans(driving to TEXAS)...I had to get my trees up this week. I had just packed away all the Halloween stuff and poor Thanksgiving decor got missed.

This is the main family room tree. It is much too large for this new house...it use to look great on against a wall 26 feet high...now it seems like the wicked step sister who stuffed her tree into the house just to make it fit. My neighbor back in Texas labeled this the BURNING BUSH TREE since it has over 12,000 lights.. I added peacock blue to the tree this year to give it something new and coordinate with my funkier looking family room.


And here is the ever so fun DIVA TREE . Complete with lime green and pink lights...8 pink feather boas...and all the fun and funky girl ornaments you can find. Don't forget the pink and black cheetah skirt to complete the look. I just did the basic lights and boa and let the girls go wild...(hey that sounds like a show I would never want my daughters to be on). Again notice how I squeezed it into the spot...put it in the hallway this year leading to the girls rooms...looked a little funny in the game room since it is decorated with all my old world traditional stuff from Houston. No diva game room here to put that lime green thing on. Grab your glasses..
Anybody have any ideas on how to incorporate 15 large beautiful pumpkins into my Christmas decor. They are still perfect and I can't stand to throw them out. Stay tuned for pumpkins turned holidayish.
Have yourself a Merry little Thanksgiving....see I have too much Christmas on the brain.


6 comments:
WOW! Such cute trees. What ever happened to the crappy trees with random ornaments from childhood and stores. Oh wait, thats my tree. I should burn all my christmas stuff and claim insurance. ha! I am sure your house looks fab. I still havent seen your kitchen, your room, the girls' new rooms etc. MORE PICS PLEASE. Or a plane ticket to come visit.
Love the trees! They are so you. Lindsey said she ran into you at Lunatic Fringe the other day . . . who do you go to there? We would love to see you guys when we are in town . . . maybe go to lunch or something?
P.S. Please come decorate my house!
still waiting on pumpkins turned holidayish...
Teigs,'
We're on...let me know when you are back in town.
I go to Morgan at Lunatic Fringe. ...she is great. Plus love to people watch and see the other side of life.
The pumpkins are now a foot under snow. Maybe next year I will come up with something more crafty.
Post a Comment