Friday, August 15, 2008

I earn a GOLD MEDAL

I have been glued to the Olympic coverage of the gymnastics like most people. I was mowing my lawn last night...okay stop laughing at that thought....and I thought I should earn a gold medal for lawn mowing. Here is a pic of the side of the mountain which is my yard. And yes I mow that all by myself. This is the front side view of our house. If you look out our front door you see nothing but mountain.
Here is another view from the top but looking down 3 stories. Our house is carved into the mountain so it is 3 levels with the enterance being on the top floor and 2 floors below. Our back door actually is on the 3rd floor.

It isn't a pretty sight while I struggle to push a mower up the 5 hills but I can do it. I may not have the speed of Michael Phelps or the grace of Nastia Liukin but I get the job done.No need to go walking tonight...I am huffing and puffing while I do it.



This is the back of our house looking up. If you look closely you can see Reagan standing at the bottom. She is barely taller than one of those rocks.


Don't laugh...I know I would have never mowed my own yard in Texas...but I am a new woman...trying to help hubby out. Well actually...I just am trying to get away from 4 whining kids. No one can bother me while I mow. No one hanging on my leg...no one screaming at me for a solid hour. So YAY ME! I get the gold medal for the hardest lawn to mow. I will have to down load the National Anthem so I can listen to it on my IPOD while I mow.

No comments: