Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Signs of Things to Come.


Madison was excited to start 5th grade. I hope she has a more productive year. Moving from Texas into the Utah school system has been quite a shock. Lets just say she learned a lot of new things but obviously had too much free time on her hands while others finished their work...she came home with incredible projects she made in all of her free time...she authored and illustrated books...made a paper purse complete with wallet, drivers license, credit cards, debit card, and the all important cell phone which actually was a flip top version. I wonder how come there was no paper dollars and coins made....maybe she has seen her Mom's wallet :D


I asked the teacher to push her more...I want to see her work... It would be nice to her have homework (which she never had last year) and maybe actually study for a test (which she doesn't understand since she made A's last year without studying). She has become a little lazy and I am afraid her boredom will get the best of her. Needless to say...we are hoping and praying they all get into a Charter School next year.

Madison got a phone call this summer from a boy named Noah. AGGGG!!!
Boy: "Hello...this is Noah XXXX. May I please speak with Madison"
Mom: "Sorry she is not home" (as I stumbled for words to say to a boy calling my daughter.)
Boy: " I am sorry to bother you...but I was wondering who her teacher was for 5th grade"(...they had only gotten their letters in the mail that day. Boy he is quick.)
Mom: "Well...she got a wonderful teacher with an awesome name...MICHELLE XXX"(...I don't think he got my joke since he had no idea my name was Michelle.) (Hubby makes me put as little info on names as possible...I guess it is the CIO in him that makes him leary of everyhting)
Boy: Pause...Pause " Well that will be just terrific. I have Ms. XXX too. Please tell her I called"

We walked this more mature daughter with longer sleeker hair, glasses less (as she decided she need contacts for 5th grade), lip glossed lips, and fully fashioned attire into class...who did I see smiling in the front row as we walked in...but Noah. He quickly looked down at his desk...I think it was when he saw her Dad walking in a few steps behind us. As we left her class I whispered to hubby to turn around and look at the boy sitting front and center..."That's Noah". I fully expected him to stare him up and down as if to say...Why are you calling my daughter...But instead he just said "Hey, at least he is good looking." Where is the concerned parent in him...do I have to do all the worrying by myself.

1 comment:

Sepp said...

I am sure the school system is not great, but I recall Matt being the same way even in the Kingwood School System. Too smart for their own good it seems. I just hope Madison is not as Mischievous, Matt came up with some pretty amazing creations in Chemistry and Physics.