Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Year Full of Smiles and Hopes.


Reagan bounced off the 1st grade today. She was pacing the drive way for 30 minutes waiting for the other 5 of us to hurry up. I barely got my teeth brushed and lipstick on before I finished dolling up the girls for their 1st day of school. Even though only 2 started today...Riley demanded the same coiffuring and we couldn't leave Avery left undone. So while spraying hair as we jumped in the car...we headed off to what will hopefully will be an AWESOME year for Reagan.

She is so excited to have a bunch of kids in her class that she knows from church. She had the biggest toothless grin plastered on her face all morning. Her nickname that her Papa gave her came flooding back to me...SMILEY. She has always smiled with her whole face. Her eyes almost disappear as she grins. It also reminded me that my own mother and sister worried that something was wrong with her for the 1st 2 years of her life...since she smiled too much.

But off she goes to a full day of school!! Hallelujah!! Something that I should have had last year if we were still in Texas. So after enduring a terrible year of romper room like activities and half day shenanigans...we have finally graduated to a"Higher level of Learning".

I am giving it one more year...I hope this is the year she just takes off in reading.. I hope that she is given the time and attention that is she so desperately needs...I hope that all the self confidence that she has always enjoyed comes flooding back to her as she succeeds at school.

You go my beautiful blonde haired, bubbly babe. May this be your best year yet...and if not just keep smiling...it will fool everyone. HUGS <<< >>>

1 comment:

Taryn & Brian Elmer said...

Oh my goodness!! I found you!! I am obsessed with your kids! They are gorgeous! I love them! How are you?? I am super! I have no idea how to blog! I mainly made this so I can comment on your pages! I love you! Please email me! SisCamieFrost@hotmail.com I love you guys!