Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Call me crazy

So we are having a big blow our birthday party for my littlest witch. I have already started setting up. It may be 4 days away but its never to early. Hubby just shakes his head.
My fav part was the hairy looking chandelier. I hate this orbital thing that hangs ever so big in my breakfast nook...looks a lot better with plastic black hair stuff and big orange bows. I just saw almost the exact same chandelier in Matt's aunts blog. It was painted black with some nice black shades. I think I can bring a new prettier life to this space ship thing. Living by the pioneer moto...eat it up, wear it out, fix it up or do without....quit laughing Matt. I see a project in your near future.
My garage door never looked so festive. I totally copied my talented sister "out-law" (so affectionately named by the baby sis of the family when she was only 10...she called the in-laws...out-laws). Is it okay to steal family members ideas??? Well I did ask her first to make one...but she didn't have time so I infringed on her creative properity. But I will say mine is not a fabulous as she makes. Mine is merely scrapbook paper, chipboard letters, and a hand cut picture....Nothing fancy..just spooky.













Ever have one of those projects you think will look great...only to figure out it was better left in your mind...well here is my most recent flub. My wild child picked out this lovely pink skelton fabric a year ago and begged for a skirt...so after trying to put her off for a year I found a cute tee at my fav Target and thought okay...this won't be so frightful. Bought a cute skirt pattern on youcanmakethis.com and off to my serger and sewing machine. I worked until 2 in the morning...only to dislike strongly(we can't say hate in this house) the results.. What was I thinking???? But she loves it and wants to wear it for picture day....I have got to go hide that thing quick before she finds it and I can't tear it off her body. I think I wil let her wash the dog in it...maybe she can do some yard work in it...oh no definitely not she can't wear it out of the house...she may tell someone proudly that her mama made it. Imagine the horror.
Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose.

4 comments:

Miss(Michelle) said...

I get the "great Mom of the day award" See the 11 month old scaling the 10 foot ladder. She was only on the 2nd rung...I figured she could withstand that kind of fall. But 10 seconds later she was 5 rungs up....but hey I had to get this pic for my blog. I had my priorites straight.

Debbie said...

You are too nice to ask if there isn't anything we can't do!! If you were to ask Mike he would say, "Cook!!" It's never been my fortay but I haven't poisoned him once in our nearly 34 years of marriage.
Christina got her light fixture at a real bargain but she saw one just like it on Williams/Sonoma for mega bucks so after adding the black shades, she had a high end looking piece of art! She our artist budget finding miracle worker.

Debbie said...

PS( looks like you are well on your way to having a great party and oh sooooooo spooky and fun! I don't know what you are talking about with the skirt...it's darling! Is there anything you can't do??????? )

Jenny said...

It will be the gala of the season!! Wish we could scare up some fun with y'all. Happy Bday Baby Avery - have a fun party. That little climber! At least you got the shot ;o)