Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Witchy POO

Little Witchy-Poo turned 1 this weekend. With 4 other witches living in the house...we thought a witch party would be the most fitting.
She dolled it up for the guests...28 kids and 17 adults. Grinning from ear to ear at all the attention.

Our Haunted House
My little witches lost their hats by this point.


We had a haunted gingerbread house decorating party. Each family really got into it. We had a judge come give prizes...and ours won the best yard. No one else thought to put the house on a larger board and decorate with a fence and yard...but I knew I couldn't concentrate on the details of the house...so I had to go for what would be quick and give big impact. Lime green coconut grass.

I pulled off decorating the cake myself. Boy thank goodness for a cute doll to start with and edible glitter to hide a multitude of mishaps. That was my biggest stresser of the party was trying to pull that off...I had to laugh as I stuck the doll into the cake and realized the cake was 3 inches too short. The skirt was hitting her at her thighs...so I had to think quick...cut a hole in the bottom of the cake board ...stick the Barbie into the cake with her feet dangling 3 inches below...and then prop the cake on a glass dish that would allow for the feet to dangle.
YUM!!! YUM!!!
Her first taste of cake.
HAPPY 1ST Birthday our
LITTLE WITCHY POO


7 comments:

Jenny said...

So super witchy cute!! That is the most darling little witch I've seen :o) Your cake turned out perfectly - I've had that same problem and just ripped the legs off the Barbie to solve it - your solution was much better! Looks like it was a great party - wish we were there :-(

Tay and Teigan said...

Are you kidding me? That is the coolest party ever. Do your girls realize how cool their mom is? Is it weird to ask your old Sunday School teacher to be your BFF? I want to come to those parties!

Goosby gang leader said...

As usual, over the top, but very cute! What was Matt dressed as?

Miss(Michelle) said...

As usual Matt was dressed as a BAH HUMBUG.

mamabear said...

Wow! What an awesomely decorated party. Did you have fun doing it? Witchy Poo Avery looked so cute. Don't touch Reagan's skirt, bring it to Quitman so Grandma can see it. I love it! You go Reagan. I see you Miss can now moonlight as a specialty cake decorator on Ace of Cakes. I look forward to hearing all about the party. Love, Mom

Dan and Dee said...

Still making lots of fun, cute memories Michelle! The cake was cute and way to go on having the dangling feet. I probably would have amputated...aaahhhhh

whit said...

You are the hostess with the mostess. It was a great party, it all turned out perfect, the girls were dang cute as witches and Madison is growing up way too fast. Thanks for letting us come to the festivities.