Friday, October 3, 2008

No Cook Friday Nights

It's a little hard to post on your blog when complete chaos is going on around you.
  • Baby is crawling out of her high chair with food all over her face and hair.
  • Other 3 girls are busy scarfing down their delicious meal of Dino nuggets and minute rice.
  • Preschooler is screaming how much she hates broccoli and doesn't want to eat.
  • Eldest offspring is begging for everyone else's food they don't want to eat.
  • Middle child is precociously nibbling around her broccoli as to make us think she ate it.
And this is pure bliss. I can say that because I am counting the minutes until the babysitter arrives and hubby and I can escape for a few hours. I think we have only done that a handful of times since moving here a year ago. We have very few connections here and haven't gotten out much. Maybe tonight will be different as we are going out with a few couples from our ward.

My hopes are to make some deeper friends rather than "Hi see you in the hallway on Sundays"....to eat as many carbs as I possibly can...to come home to a quiet and clean house...to find something else to laugh at besides the usual shenanigans of kiddos.

Speaking of laughs...here is a conversation with the little cowgirl in the last post.
Cowgirl: Mom why do you always have to put that thing on (pointing to my bra)
Mom: To pick up what you helped fall and droop.
Cowgirl: Oh.
Later the next evening while I was lounging in my favorite PJ's....
Cowgirl: (completely exasperated) OH NO MOM...THEY FELL DOWN AGAIN...you better put on that thing that picks them up.

Does anyone know a good plastic surgeon??? The middle child once asked if she was going to have long boobs like Mom someday. I don't know if I can take such honesty anymore.
Gotta run go pick up my "ladies" and head out for dinner. Lets hope they don't fall during our night out.

2 comments:

Full House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

ok, so I'm laughing my head off right now!!!! hey, look at the bright side, at least you still have some thing to droop after all of those children....If my kids had asked me that I would have had to reply, "to stuff toilet paper into, so I can fit into my clothes"!!! Not much left after all those years of nursing!!

PS( thanks of the compliment about Mike. Truth be known though, he only wears that when we are traveling and in colder weather...he's usually pretty much a levi and shirt kind of guy! Nothing fancy most of the time!)