Sunday, October 12, 2008

OCTOBURRRRR!!



Can you believe this is what we woke up to...5" of snow. The kids were sooo excited. We heard all this commotion and excitement this morning while we were still snoozing. I had to get up to see what was going on. 2 of the girls were trying to find snow boots and coats so they could go outside. Madison must have eaten 5 cup fulls of snow by 10am.



I can't believe it is mid October and we already have snow. Reminds me that I need a 4 wheel drive soon. Hubby is dragging his feet swearing that the new tires he put on my front wheel drive SUV will work this year. I just have anxitiety attacks thinking of the times I was stuck and couldn't get up our hill to get home...I couldn't get out of a parking lot...I slid down the hill numerous times...and being stuck in an embankment. I will not live like that again this year...if only the market would pick back up so Matt wouldn't be so paranoid about spending $$$.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Doesn't it seemed like it just stopped snowing a month ago?! Crazy! We've been swimming in the unheated pool this weekend here. Have fun making snowmen ;o)

Sepp said...

Okay, I am having second thoughts about encouraging Will to look in Utah for work. I have been complaining about it being too cold here and it has been in the 60s during the day and mid 40s at night. I shivered just looking at the photos. Are there are any cool rec-centers nearby for activity away from the cold?

Miss(Michelle) said...

Winters can be long...but we find things to do. There is a rec center in Bountiful with workout facility, ice skating, and the best is the indoor waterpark. We did that several times last year. We also hung out at the children's museum in SLC. Takes us only 15 minutes to get there.
Of course some of my kids are in school all day so by the time they get home they just want to hang at home. On the days Riley is home she just hangs with me. I only try to do one adventure with her a week. Otherwise we just play inside.
Yes, I am dreading the 5 months of winter...although the kids loved it last year.